A couple of minor but significant additions from version 4.5 in this edition of Fortnite Battle Royale Weekly Update as we see a dual pistol weapon called Double Tap, Map Markers have been added to the game and we see the finale of Save the World Mode’s “Blockbuster” event finale.
Here’s what Epic Game has to say:
“Celebrate summer with a bang! Explosions from the Grenade Launcher now emit firework effects for a limited time. Double the firepower and fun, the Dual Pistols can now be found in Battle Royale. Test your aim and let your imagination run wild in the new Playground LTM. The quadrilogy questline comes to an end… Witness the conclusion of Blockbuster in its final chapter, now available in Save the World!”
Battle Royale Mode
Three game upates this week for Battle Royale Mode:
- Double Tap Dual Pistols
- Playground LTM
- Map Markers
Double Tap Dual Pistols
Double the fire power of your favorite side-arm as dual pistols are now available to wield in Fortnite’s Battle Royal Mode
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- 41-43 base damage.
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Shoots both pistols with one pull of the trigger.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Supply Drops.
- Does not use first shot accuracy.
Playground Limted Time Mode
With the help of up to three friends demonstrate your flair for the creative as you explore, build and defend the island in this “low pressure” environment where you can practice combat and building with other players.
You have one hour to Gather resources at 10X the rate with chest and ammunition loot boxes spawning at a 100% rate. Be careful though as friendly fire is on and the storm will close in over five minutes.
- Players respawn on elimination unless downed by the storm
- 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map
Friendly map markers now have a visual indication in Battle Royal Mode.
“Go towards the light!”
Save the World Mode
Blockbuster quest line comes to a close this week so play the event to see how it ends. Also, there’s a new controller scheme for Builder Pro for enthusiasts who just can’t stop building.
Blockbuster: Part 4
Play through the end of the Blockbuster Quadrilogy to see how it ends.
Competing the quest line will grant a Shadow Ops hero plus there’s a chance to get two Fourth of July themed soldiers:
- Stars and Stripes Jonesy
- Stars and Stripes Headhunter
- Celebrate summer with the Fireworks Launcher, which has been added as a seasonal item that has firework explosions and replaces the Grenade Launcher for a limited time. (cosmetic change only).
- Blocks that are removed while in edit mode are now opaque rather than clear. Blue, white, and red colors still indicate build status.
- Adjusted to limit player’s ability to peek through structures while editing.
- Save the World and Battle Royale keybindings are now separated. Settings in one mode will not affect the settings of the other.
- Changed the button that lets you re-roll one daily quest or challenge from ‘Abandon Quest’ to ‘Replace Quest’, to make the behavior more obvious.
Check out the official Fortnite Battle Royale news site for full patch details: Fortnite News at Epic Games
Please let me know how you feel about this week’s updates and news as I am sure some of you will have great opinions and I would love to hear them, so don’t be afraid to use the comments section below.
Thanks for reading and I hope to see you on the Battle Bus. Bye for now and take care,
Michael – Editor/Owner – ChartX Games.
You can view this week’s current video game charts here:
All images are copyright of their respective owner(s).
Michael is the sole writer and owner at chartxgames.com.
Many thought that his youth (and adulthood) playing video games was a waste of time but here he is writing about them for a living.
Michael has a background in IT and enjoys (apart from video games) building and repairing PC’s, digital artwork (Photoshop, 3DS Max) and has interests in too many subjects to mention.