Plus: double GTA Online cash & RP for taking part and unlock 2 exclusive T-Shirts…
Car customization like never seen before in GTA Online has arrived with the latest surprise DLC from Rockstar Games with GTA Online Arena War:
“Enter Arena War, where ruthless gladiatorial combat meets the bleeding-edge of vehicular modification technology in one spectacular – and highly combustible – competition. Sign up and embark on an entirely new career under the stratospheric dome of the Maze Bank Arena, one that involves turning your opponent’s brains into pulp on the steering wheel in the name of entertainment, courtesy of Alan Jerome Productions.
Compete in all new vehicle types custom built for the Arena across seven explosive new modes. As your Arena War career progresses, you’ll earn Arena Points and use them to rank up and unlock even more toys to take into the Arena or out onto the streets.” – Rockstar Games Newswire
Arena War includes:
- New vehicles
- Arena War Career
- Maze Bank Arena Interior
- Themed Vehicle Customization
All Arena War contests are paying out double GTA Online cash and RP this week for taking part in Arena War. You can also earn cash for progressing your Arena War career:
- Tier 1 – GTA$35,000
- Tier 2 – GTA$55,000
- Tier 3 – GTA$75,000
- Tier 4 – GTA$100,000
As added bonuses, Arena War specific awards are also paying out cash so check your awards section of the pause menu for more details.
Sign up for Arena War by purchasing an Arena Workshop via the in-game Arena War website.
Following successful purchase you will get the Arena War tour from your new contact Bryony and will get the chance to compete in your first Arena War event.
Customize your Arena War workshop to suit your style and needs.
- Office Style; add some chic to your new home away from home.
- Workshop Graphics; customize your Arena Workshop shop floor.
- Garage Floor; add more garage space for your growing Arena War vehicle collection.
- Mechanic; hire additional mechanics to apply cutomizations to your vehicles; Benny’s mechanic and a weapons specialist.
- Personal Quarters; make your area more comfortable for a good sleep after a fierce battle.
You can progress your Arena War career to earn cash and AP in 7 Arena War events:
- Carnage; a destruction derby event featuring RC bombs and EMP Drones.
- Flag War; a maniacal vehicular based take on classic “Capture the Flag”.
- Wreck It; a trap-laden death race not for the faint of heart.
- Tag Team; work in a pairs with one car in the Arena while the other reigns down hell from the Spectator stands, the swap out for more fun.
- Games Masters; a team based checkpoint collection game.
- Here Come the Monsters; a David and Goliath based team game where one team gets Monster Trucks and the other gets compact cars!
- Hot Bomb; a grim take on Pass the Parcel where the only way to get rid of a ticking bomb is to smash it over to someone else.
Your Arena War career is tracked via the Arena War career board at your Arena War area inside Maze Bank Arena.
- Stats; view your personal stats such as Skill Level, Wins/Losses and best vehicle.
- AP; Arena Points are awarded for competing in Arena War events. AP can be used to progress your Arena War level and unlock great new upgrades for Arena War vehicles.
There are certain existing vehicles which are suitable for Arena War upgrades that can be purchased via the in-game Arena War website and some brand new Arena War ready vehicles. Arena War ready vehicles can be purchased via the in game website and come in three styles:
- Apocalypse; straight from the vehicular, rage inducing, dystopian nightmare you dread.
- Future Shock; packing weapons and defense systems from the near future technology you know is coming, and cannot wait for.
- Nightmare; carnival carnage and hallucinogenic nauseating fetishes.
Any of the new set styles can be applied to any of the Arena War compatible existing vehicles or the six brand new Arena War ready vehicles.
There are tons of new components for you to add to your vehicular war machines from Ram Scoops and Armor Plating to EMP mines and 40W Twin Plasma Turrets!
There are many, many more upgrades which include (but are not limited to):
- Twin mounted .50 cal machine guns
- Slick Proximity Mines
- Shock Proximity Mines
- Light and Heavy Armor
Most new upgrades are theme specific, so Apocalypse and Future Shock will have different upgrades available.
There are many vehicle decoration and liveries also included as well as some upgrades that can be applied to non-Arena War upgraded vehicles such as grilles and new colored headlights such as Electric Blue, Pony Pink and Blacklight.
Play GTA Online this week and unlock some limited edition, exclusive clothing:
Due to this week’s surprise DLC release there aren’t any discounts on vehicles or properties, however Ammunation is having a sale with upto 35% off the following products:
- Mk II Weapon Upgrades & Customization – 35% off
- Luxury Finishes – 25% off
- MG & Combat MG – 25% off
- Snipers – 25% off
- SMGs – 25% off
- Shotguns – 25% off
- Pistols – 25% off
- Explosives & Throwables – 25% off
- Body Armor – 25% off
There’s good news for racers this week because this week’s GTA Online premium race will be rewarding GTA Online cash for the final three and triple GTA Online RP regardless of your final position in the race.
- Premium Race: High Flier
- GTA Online Cash: rewarded for positions 1, 2 and 3
- GTA Online RP: Triple for everyone
This week’s GTA Online time trial will be rewarding GTA Online cash and GTA Online RP for beating the par time set for the race.
- Time Trial: Route 68
- GTA Online Cash: rewarded for beating par time
- GTA Online RP: rewarded for beating par time
A great surprise for GTA Online this week with the release of Arena War.
A heart-pounding and show-stopping take on classic game modes:
- Capture the Flag
- Destruction Derby
- Tag Team
An amazing new vehicle upgrade feature with default sets to suit every GTA player, from the post-nuclear inspired Apocalypse set, hyper-futuristic Future Shock theme and the lunatic and hypnotic Mesmerization of the Nightmare set.
Don’t forget that each set has it’s own unique features and upgrades so get out there, earn that Arena War rep or just wreak havok across city and state with your new heavy metal death machines.
Take care for now.
You can see full details of this week’s GTA Online events at the official Rockstar Games Events page: Social Club Events
View previous GTA Online Weekly Update here: https://chartxgames.com/gtaonline
I would love to hear what you think of this week’s discounts in this GTA Online Weekly Update and what you think is coming next so please share your thoughts on GTA Online in the comments section below.
The coming weeks could see some big updates so take advantage of the discounts and double cash bonuses and get earning some GTA Online cash as the best is probably yet to come.
Thanks for reading and have fun in GTA Online.
Grand Theft Auto V continues to do well almost five years after initial release and is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
You can check the current game charts using the links below:
Please share your thoughts in the comments section.
Font supplied by https://fontmeme.com
All images are copyright of their respective owner(s) and ChartX Games where applicable.
Michael is the sole writer and owner at chartxgames.com.
Many thought that his youth (and adulthood) playing video games was a waste of time but here he is writing about them for a living.
Michael has a background in IT and enjoys (apart from video games) building and repairing PC’s, digital artwork (Photoshop, 3DS Max) and has interests in too many subjects to mention.