How to Transfer Warframe Data from Your PC to Your Nintendo Switch
Popular PlayStation 4 and PC online shooter Warframe has become the latest in a long list of hit titles such as The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Wolfenstein 2: The New Collossus and DOOM to join the Nintendo Switch list of excellent ports and it is possible to perform a Warframe transfer from PC to Nintendo Switch.
Developed by Digital Extremes (Unreal, Pariah, Homefront) Warframe has been around as a fast-paced, free-to-play shooter since 2013 on Microsoft Windows and then later PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Initially having trouble really getting off the ground, Warframe has now garnered a massive online community of 38 million dedicated players working to master the game through a combination of hard core play wit support via the now commonplace micro-transaction while the developers keep the game interestring with regular update and the release of five expansions so far:
- The Second Dream
- The War Within
- Plains of Eidolon
- The Sacrifice
Warframe has now been ported to Nintendo Switch along with access to all the great additions and expansions, and it is possible to transfer your Warframe PC account data to Nintendo Switch.
Some Quick Notes to Remember
While the process is relatively simple, there are a number of issues (some good, some not so good) of which you should be aware before you transfer your data between the two platforms.
- Data migration can only be performed once: this is usually the case when doing this with games. Basically a copy of your PC data is created and applied to your Switch version. The accounts are not linked and will subsequently act as separate accounts henceforth.
- Nintendo Switch Online is not required: that’s right, so before you go paying Nintendo more money, remember that you don’t need Switch Online to play Warframe. This is also true of PS4; PlayStation Plus is not required either.
- PC progress will replace Switch progress: when you perform the data transfer, any existing Nintendo Switch game progress will be overwritten by the PC data copy.
- PC Platinum won’t be retained: Platinum from your Nintendo Switch version will stay on your new account and any items will be overwritten.
- Nintendo Switch specific features: there is support for Switch motion control and voice chat.
- No cross platform play: currently there are no plans for cross platform between PC and Nintendo Switch.
- One platform won’t affect the other: upon successful transfer you can continue to play your PC version independently of Switch version and vice-versa.
How to Migrate from PC to Nintendo Switch
- Create a Nintendo Switch Warframe Account: Before we begin, it goes without saying that you should download and install Warframe for free on your Nintendo Switch device. Then create a Warframe account on Switch.
- Run Warframe and Accept Agreement: Now run Warframe on your Nintendo Switch and accept the ‘first run’ acceptance. This is the usual copyright regulation and data protection jargon that comes with every game these days.
- Access Warframe Website: You now need to go to www.warframe.com (on PC or Nintendo Switch web browsers) and log in with your usual PC credentials.
- Migrate via Account Management: Next, enter the Account Management area and (at the bottom of the page) click the ‘Migrate PC Account to Nintendo Switch’ button.
- You will be asked to enter your PC version Warframe password twice to confirm.
- Upon confirmation, you will be taken to the Nintendo version Warframe log in page. Sign in to this with your newly created Nintendo Switch Warframe credentials. This will conclude and complete the procedure.
The process should now be complete. You will now have your Warframe PC data on your Nintendo Switch version. See the notes above for more details and please note that the process cannot be reversed.
Given Warframe’s already excellent reputation, this is sure to become one of the most popular Switch titles for co-op play. I would love to know what you guys think of the game and of the data migration process in general; is it worth it? Are you holding out for crossplay or do you think Digital Extremes did a great job? Comments would be great.
That’s all for now. Thank you so much for reading and please enjoy this amazing FREE title.
Michael – Editor/Owner, www.chartxgames.com
You can check the current game charts using the links below:
Font supplied by https://fontmeme.com
All images are copyright of their respective owner(s) and ChartX Games where applicable.