Is the Sorceress class good in Lost Ark?
The Sorceress class’ ability to deal high damage from long range through elemental AoE skill is next to none in Lost Ark, making her a great pick for many players looking for a long-range DPS class that can dish out monstrous amounts of damage in PvP or PvE.
The Sorceress class has two Identity Skills in Arcane Rupture and Blink. Arcane Rupture gives the Sorceress a powerful burst damage Skill that can be used as soon as she gets a 30% charge on her Identity Gauge. When used at 100%, Arcane Rupture turns into Arcane Torrent – an even more powerful burst Skill that also increases the Sorceress’ attack damage, increases cast speed, and reduces cooldowns on her other Skills.
Blink, on the other hand, gives the Sorceress a long-range teleport ability to help with mobility in battle. Given that the Sorceress is generally a more squishy class in Lost Ark, Blink is a nice Skill to have.
Should Sorceress Use the Igniter or Reflux Engraving?
The Igniter Sorceress build is arguably the most popular build for the Sorceress in Lost Ark but Reflux is good as well.
Igniter gives the Sorceress a 50% faster Skill Cooldown, increases Crit Rates by 25%, and improves Crit Damage by 50% whenever Arcane Rupture is active. Igniter essentially makes the Sorceress even more deadly, allowing by giving the class the ability to throw her powerful AoE skills more often and with higher damage output.
Reflux is the other Sorceress build that focuses more on giving the class permanent damage buffs and reduced cooldowns. However, the Reflux build completely disables Arcane Rupture as a tradeoff.
You can go for the Igniter build if you prefer having a burst window where you get an insane power boost every now and then in battle or you can just bypass Arcane Rupture and deal increased damage and get reduced cooldowns permanently.
Best Engravings for the Sorceress in Lost Ark
The Engravings that you’ll pick for the Sorceress will depend on whether you choose to build an Igniter or Reflux Sorceress. Nevertheless, the Engravings listed below will help maximize the class’ damage output and cast speed.
- All-Out Attack – Increases holding and casting skill cast speed by 20% and damage by 20% at max level.
- Grudge – Increases damage by 20% when fighting Bosses. Reduces incoming damage from bosses by 20%.
- Master of Strikes – Increases the damage of all attacks that are not dealt from the back or front by up to 16%.
- Cursed Doll – Increases attack power by 16% at the cost of -25% reduced healing from external sources.
What is the Best Engraving for Sorceress Reflux Build?
The best Engravings for the Sorceress Reflux build are Hit Master, Adrenaline, All-Out Attack, Cursed Doll, and Keen Blunt Weapon. These Engravings provide a healthy boost in power output.
- Hit Master – gives up to 16% bonus damage to all attacks that are not dealt from the front or back. This applies to all skills that are not Awakenings.
- Adrenaline – increases Attack Power when using skills by up to 6% (6 stacks) and adds a 15% Crit Rate buff at max stacks.
- All-Out Attack – improves Holding and Casting Skill speed by up to 20% at level 3. This engraving should greatly improve the Sorceress’ long cast times and improve skill accuracy as a result.
- Cursed Doll – increases Attack Power by up to 16% at level 3. However, this comes at the cost of -25% reduced healing.
- Keen Blunt Weapon – trades damage output for +50% Crit Damage.
The Engravings you pick for your Sorceress will dictate how you play the class when taking on endgame content such as Raids, PvE, or PvP in Lost Ark.
If you prefer more bursty gameplay, then you will like the Igniter build and the powerful buffs it provides to your Sorceress. If you’re looking to get a more permanent buff that applies to all of your skills regardless of whether you have your Identity Meter filled, then the Reflux build will suit you better.