What is a Rainbow Chest in Enter the Gungeon?
Rainbow Chests are rare chests that contain a random assortment of eight items and guns in Enter the Gungeon.
Rainbow Chests have a 15% chance to drop an S-rank item, a 54% chance to drop an A-rank item, and a 31% chance to drop a B-rank item and can be found in both a Normal Run and a Rainbow Run.
If you find a Rainbow Chest in the wild in both the Normal and Rainbow Mode, you can keep all the items found in the Rainbow Chest.
On the other hand, you can only keep one of the eight weapons found in Rainbow Chests given at the start of every Rainbow Mode floor.
How do you get the Rainbow Chest in Gungeon?
In Rainbow Runs, you will be given a Rainbow Chest at the beginning of every floor, but you can only choose one from the eight items/guns found in the Rainbow Chest.
However, if you manage to find a Rainbow Chest in the wild while in a Rainbow Run, you can keep all eight items/guns you find inside for yourself.
Rainbow Chests can also start disguising themselves as brown chests after you have broken five regular brown chests in your current save game. After breaking five regular brown chests, you can start revealing disguised Rainbow Chests by opening, breaking, or shooting brown chests with a weapon that leaves water/goop.
How rare is a Rainbow Chest in Enter the Gungeon?
Rainbow Chests are hard to come by in a normal run (non-Rainbow Run).
Rainbow Chests only have a 0.0333% chance of replacing a regular chest in Enter the Gungeon. Chests that you find after clearing rooms will have a greater chance of becoming a Rainbow Chest with an additional 0.001% chance on top of the 0.0333% chance of replacing a regular chest.
Nevertheless, Normal Runs aren’t the only instance where you can find Rainbow Chests in Enter the Gungeon. Despite being handed a free Rainbow Chest at the start of every floor in a Rainbow Run, you can still find Rainbow Chests in the wild in Rainbow Runs, and the same drop rates apply for Rainbow Runs as well.
Rainbow Chests are extremely uncommon chests that contain powerful loot to back up their rarity. Finding one in the wild is a 1 in 3000 chance in Enter the Gungeon.
If you’re lucky enough to encounter a Rainbow Chest in-game, you will be rewarded with eight random items of varying rarity, which you can keep for yourself to instantly boost your current Gungeon run.